Tuesday, May 27, 2008

One More Thing

I forgot to mention something about Memorial Day. I just wanted to take a moment to thank those who have given the ultimate sacrifice/served/are serving in the military. These people keep our great country just that, great! I made a promise with myself this year to really make Memorial Day a significant holiday from here on out for my family. I want Shiloh and any future children of ours to grow up with an appreciation for our military and what they stand for. I want them to feel the same pride I feel when I hear the National Anthem and I want them to have that same wave of thankfulness/humbleness/admiration come over them as it does in me when in the presence of military.

At church on Sunday they did a great job of honoring those who have served/lost their lives. They put together a really nice slideshow of the military members of our church (I sent in a picture of Richard) and the choir sang all of the "theme songs" for each military branch and at the end they even had these machines that shot out red, white and blue streamers above the congregation. It might sound kind of cheesy but it was pretty cool.

Shiloh showing off her patriotic side....




No comments: