Friday, December 31, 2010
Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't do resolutions. However, I've taken a break from running/working out these last two months, and I'll be starting that back up on Monday. But I wouldn't call that a resolution. I just wanted a break and this seems like a good time to start back up, especially since I've gained 5 pounds during my break. Thank you, awesome holiday food :)
Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes, my beautiful, chubby niece Camryn was born :)
Did anyone close to you die? No. Thankfully.
What countries did you visit? The Bahamas
What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010? More patience and an iPad :)
What date(s) from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? October 22- Camryn's birth and I think that's about it.
What was your biggest achievement of the year? Finding peace with the things I can't change/have no control over. Mainly adoption stuff.
What was your biggest failure? I guess parenting stuff.
Did you suffer any illness or injury? Nope. Again, thankfully this was a very healthy year for us :)
What was the best thing you bought? hmmm... I don't know.
Whose behavior merited celebration? Shiloh's, when she started peeing and pooping in the potty :)
Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? No one close to me, so I'll have to say Obama :)
Where did most of your money go? Bills
What did you get really, really, really excited about? Shiloh becoming potty trained, but it also made me a little sad.
What song will always remind you of 2010? Even though it came out in 2009, I would have to say Train "Soul Sister" -Shiloh's favorite song.
Compared to this time last year, are you:happier or sadder? happier
thinner or fatter? about the same
richer or poorer? about the same
What do you wish you’d done more of? I wish I had spent more time on myself... Girl's night outs, pedicures... Whatever, just more time to myself.
What do you wish you’d done less of? Thinking about things I don't have, instead of focusing on all that I've been blessed with.
How will you be spending New Year’s? Dinner with a bunch of people then Zach and Alli's for the ball drop
Did you fall in love in 2010? I fell in love with my niece :) But, I guess in the way they are asking, no.
What was your favorite TV program? Sons of Anarchy
What was the best book you read? Atlas Shrugged. And I'm so proud of myself for reading it. GREAT book, by the way.
What was your greatest musical discovery? Breaking Benjamin. I actually discovered them at the end of last year, but I expanded my collection of their music and love for them this year :)
What did you want and get? A breadmaker for Christmas
What did you want and not get? A larger tv for our bedroom.
What was your favorite film of this year? I don't think I have a favorite. Some good ones were Toy Story 3, Inception.... And that's about all I remember.
What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? This year Brandon (march 31st) and I (march 30th) celebrated our birthdays together and had a low country boil at my house. I turned 28, as did Brandon.
What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Winning the lottery :) I don't know.
How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? Comfy? I don't think I have a personal fashion concept... Those words mean nothing to me.
What kept you sane? Prayer
Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Gerard Butler and Jax Teller from Sons of Anarchy. I can't recall his real name.
What political issue stirred you the most? ObamaCare... I cried when it was passed. True story. You can all laugh now.
Who did you miss? Family in general. I thought about Richard's mom a lot this year. I think about how things would be different if she was still with us.
Who was the best new person you met? Camryn... I didn't meet a lot of new people this year.
Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
I don't know. I've been spending a good bit of time lately trying to just focus on what I have and remembering to be thankful for all of the little things that are easily missed. Just be happy.
Wednesday, December 22, 2010
1. Shiloh got a "new" playground. Richard picked it up 2 weekends ago and spent last weekend pressure washing it and starting the reconstruction of it. He has basically achieved his goal of finishing it in time for Christmas. It just needs to be leveled and some swings still need to go up.
2. We're all ready for Christmas! In all honesty, we've been ready for awhile. The house was decorated and the tree was put up the first weekend of December, and gifts have been wrapped since the first week of the month. I can't believe Christmas is only 2 days away, but at the same time it feels like it will never be here!
3. Today Shiloh told me that she is kind of afraid of Christmas, and Santa coming into her house. I assured her that Santa is only going to come in real quick to leave her presents and then he'll be moving onto the next house. She is pretty excited about the reindeer, though. We're going to make reindeer food on Friday and put it outside on the front lawn so they can find our house :)
4. We'll be having Christmas dinner this year with our friends Dale and Laci (and family). Since we can't be with family on Christmas, I'm excited that this year we'll have someone to be with. Ever since Shiloh as born it has just been us, which isn't bad, but it will be nice to have people to share the day with.
5. On Monday Shiloh and I are heading to my sister's house (in NC) to visit with my family. My parents, along with my other sister, are driving down on the 26th and staying through the 30th. This will be the first time my dad and sister get to meet baby Camryn :)
6. As of now, it looks like there will be snow in Georgia on Christmas!!! It looks like it should be raining when we wake up and then turn to snow later. I'm trying not to get my hopes up regarding this, but, oh, it would make this the greatest Christmas since I moved down here. I guess we'll see.
7. I love Christmas!!!!
I hope everyone out there has a safe, happy, and blessed Christmastime!!
Monday, December 13, 2010
This video was taken at our friend Brandon's house. He lives in the 4th part of the neighborhood (we're in the 2nd part), so this shows you what it was like in our area yesterday :)
Now I need to go throw some chili in the crock pot and get a fire started! I love this weather :)
ETA- I just watched the video, and unless you enlarge it, you see nothing.