Monday, September 8, 2008

Weekend In Review

I haven't really felt like blogging about anything these past few days, I still don't, but I feel like I should. Our weekend went well...aside from the Buckeyes horrific game against Ohio U...moving on...ECU beat (8)W. Virginia! I think I might have to add some purple to my wardrobe?? My sister's SIL, who attended East Carolina, informed Andrea that they have been wanting to move up to the ACC Conference (I believe it's that one) for the past year or so(???)but no one has been listening/taking them seriously. Well, I'd say they are making a pretty good case for themselves this year. GO ECU! Continuing on to Saturday night football...the Hurricanes put up a good fight against Florida until the beginning of the 4th quarter...if I'm remembering correctly. All I know is I turned the game off a little before 11 PM because I couldn't bare to watch what was about to happen. At no point during the game did I think the Hurricanes were going to win but it was nice to see them keep the game so close for a while. Oh, how I hate Florida.

Sunday morning I woke up with a scratchy voice and sore throat so I slept most of the day. I finally ventured out of bed around 3:15 and at that point somehow felt completely fine. I'm not sure what I had but whatever it was there were no signs of it Saturday and, like I said, it didn't even last all day Sunday. Which was good because Sunday evening was Shiloh's Gymboree buddy Kaylen's 1st birthday party!! Kaylen officially turns 1 on Wednesday. We had a great time at the party. All of Kaylen's huge family was so kind and welcoming and I got some great idea's for Shiloh's 1st birthday party! Rich and I also got to try some new food. Kaylen's parents were born in Kenya but are Indian. Aside from a few boxes of pizza everything they had was traditional Indian food. Rich and I sweated through everything there. I think we each went through 2 bottles of water during dinner. The funny thing is Shraya (I don't know how to spell her name so I'm spelling it how it sounds), Kaylen's mom, mentioned the kind of food they would be serving beforehand and told us when they have gatherings like this they tone down the spiciness so it wouldn't be too bad. I can't imagine how it usually tastes. When we left we made a beeline to Burger King for some milkshakes to cool down our mouths.


Disclaimer- Andrea isn't always the most accurate source for info.

No comments: