Friday, April 27, 2012

Still Waiting

And starting to get a little antsy.  I keep thinking that maybe it's a good thing that our wait this time is so short, because I'm already starting to have a hard time with it.  We are definitely ready though.  Baby G's nursery is complete (minus a gift from a friend), the house is clean, the grass is cut, and our bags are packed.  There is only one thing hanging over our heads, but it can wait.  Shiloh's new bedroom furniture was painted this week by my friend's dad.  It would be nice to get that back and get Shiloh's "new" bedroom set up.  Especially since all of Shiloh's clothes that were in her dresser are now covering the guest bed, which is where my mom will be sleeping.  However, Grammie would understand the mess, Baby G, so come on out! ;)

I think the reason I'm so antsy this time is because we have very little contact with Kim right now.  During her pregnancy with Shiloh, we attended doctor appointments with her, did baby shopping together, and were in constant contact via email and Myspace.  Yes, this was back when Myspace was still all the rage.  This time she's 2 1/2 hours away, and has shoddy cell phone service where she lives.  When I send her a text message there's a 50/50 chance that I'll get a response from her because there is also only a 50/50 chance that she'll see the message.  I'll be honest, it's kinda driving me crazy!  Soon though.  I know it will be soon.  I wrote a Bible verse on the fridge to help me handle the panic, anxiety, and fear I was dealing with when we first received the final word from Kim.  I think I might need to go meditate on that today. 

I suppose I'll leave you all with pictures of the finished nursery. 

This is basically the same picture from a previous post

The shelves are up

A friend is making two prints to hang on the wall.  One will have 1 Samuel 1:27, and the other will have the baby's full name, date of birth, height and weight.  They will be hung on either side of the window.  Also, Richard still needs to remove the last of his music related items, as you can see.

No comments: