Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sasha

We have a new friend...






Sasha, as we're calling her for now, showed up at our neighbor's house this past Thursday. We're guessing she's about 3-4 months old. It's kind of hard to tell because she's SO malnourished. If you run your hand down her back you can count every bone in her body. Richard and I brought Sasha over to our house Saturday morning since the house she originally appeared at is vacant. We set food out for her on the front porch all weekend, and left the garage door open about 4 or so inches at all times so she can come and go as she pleases. She seems to like us because she only left once the entire weekend. I went out to the garage Sunday evening to throw some recyclables in the container. As I was entering the house, Buddy (the little dog) ran right past me and chased the kitty out. She did return about 2 hours later and hasn't left again, so it must not have been too traumatic for her.
We'll be taking her to the vet this afternoon to get her checked out. I'm kind of nervous because she appears to have a pretty bad cold. We're having to replace the a/c unit at the Athens house this week so the last thing we need is a large vet bill, but how can you turn a kitty away? And I'm not even a cat person. Although I think I might have to stop saying that soon.

P.S. We think she is a Birman

No comments: