Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Rundown

I'm feeling a bit lazy and not wanting to write an actual post with full paragraphs and all, but it's been over a week since I've posting anything, so here's a quick rundown of what we've been up to....

1. Shiloh got a "new" playground. Richard picked it up 2 weekends ago and spent last weekend pressure washing it and starting the reconstruction of it. He has basically achieved his goal of finishing it in time for Christmas. It just needs to be leveled and some swings still need to go up.
2. We're all ready for Christmas! In all honesty, we've been ready for awhile. The house was decorated and the tree was put up the first weekend of December, and gifts have been wrapped since the first week of the month. I can't believe Christmas is only 2 days away, but at the same time it feels like it will never be here!
3. Today Shiloh told me that she is kind of afraid of Christmas, and Santa coming into her house. I assured her that Santa is only going to come in real quick to leave her presents and then he'll be moving onto the next house. She is pretty excited about the reindeer, though. We're going to make reindeer food on Friday and put it outside on the front lawn so they can find our house :)
4. We'll be having Christmas dinner this year with our friends Dale and Laci (and family). Since we can't be with family on Christmas, I'm excited that this year we'll have someone to be with. Ever since Shiloh as born it has just been us, which isn't bad, but it will be nice to have people to share the day with.
5. On Monday Shiloh and I are heading to my sister's house (in NC) to visit with my family. My parents, along with my other sister, are driving down on the 26th and staying through the 30th. This will be the first time my dad and sister get to meet baby Camryn :)
6. As of now, it looks like there will be snow in Georgia on Christmas!!! It looks like it should be raining when we wake up and then turn to snow later. I'm trying not to get my hopes up regarding this, but, oh, it would make this the greatest Christmas since I moved down here. I guess we'll see.
7. I love Christmas!!!!

I hope everyone out there has a safe, happy, and blessed Christmastime!!

No comments: