Friday, June 18, 2010

Ramblings

It's been awhile since I've posted anything other than a picture, so I thought I'd give a post with some substance a try. The following are some random updates of our life....

We bought new patio furniture (over a month ago). I like it. We were at Lowe's one weekend when I saw it, but decided not to purchase anything then because it just felt too impulsive. We decided to check out some other furniture and keep an eye out for any sales. Well, the following Monday I was looking around on Lowe's website and sure enough there was our furniture on sale. We saved over $150. I was pretty proud :)

Shiloh is going through what I guess we'll call a phase of not liking her house or her "pretty room" (it has pink walls). Anytime the topic of bedtime/naptime comes up the first thing out of her mouth is, "I don't like my pretty room.". Same thing if we're out shopping or running errands and I tell her we're done or it's time to go home. All I hear is, "I don't like my home." She's a very appreciative little girl ;)

I've decided that when we return from PA (we're going to PA to visit my family in a week) Shiloh's diapers will disappear. I believe that this is going to be the only way to potty train her. I know she can do it. She just chooses not to. I really believe that if I just take the diaper option away, she'll start going in the potty. I know she can hold it/has control. I've learned she can hold it for hours. I know she knows when she has to go. It's just a matter of getting her to do it in the potty. Oh well. Hopefully she won't make me eat my words.

Richard and I have been doing a good bit of talking regarding baby #2. We've decided that if we are going to adopt again, we'll start the process this upcoming January. He needs the rest of the year to get used to the idea of a second adoption :) I laugh at him when I think about that, but in all honesty I think I need the rest of the year, too! The thought of Shiloh having a sibling brings a smile to my face, but the thought of another adoption (the stress, the unknown, etc) makes me kind of nauseous. We've also decided that if we attempt a second one we will go the private route again. When I think of what agencies charge for adoptions compared to what we paid for Shiloh's adoption it makes me so angry. These agencies are absolutely dispicable, but as long as people are willing to pay these fees nothing is going to change. ANYWAY. Going the private route basically means that we will be using word of mouth (and A LOT of praying) to come in contact with an expectant mom. I believe that God truly had a hand in bringing Shiloh to us and if it's his will that we be parents again it will happen.

After living in our house for over a year we're finally starting our little (and not so little) improvements!! The first improvement will be tiling the kitchen, bathroom, and laundry room floor! We've decided to go with a dark ceramic slate. Later this summer we'll be expanding the back patio and putting a light colored slate down, so we thought it would have a nice flow. A few weeks ago we purchased a "new" fridge, dishwasher and microwave from Craigslist. All in black. We're going with a black and white kind of theme in the kitchen; black appliances, white cabinets, dark slate tile, and black with white granite countertops! I think it will look nice. I guess we'll see :) We also plan on tearing up the carpet on the first floor and putting down hardwood floors. Then I'll finally get to paint!! I can't wait to get rid of these hospital colored walls! I think once we finish all of that we'll take another long break and then tackle the upstairs. The only major project up there is the master bathroom. I would like to do some painting also.

As I said in a previous paragraph, Shiloh and I will be visiting PA. We're scheduled to drive up on the 28th (unless I get a bug up my bum and decide to go earlier) and stay until sometime around the 14th of July. I'm pretty excited! All of the siblings and grandkids will be there! Also, Adrienne and I will be visiting Kennywood one day, which in and of itself makes the entire trip worth it! If you've ever watched any of the amusement park/rollercoaster episodes on the Travel Channel or the movie "Adventureland" you've seen Kennywood.

Well, that turned out better than I thought it would! Now, here's another picture!


Richard has titled this picture mud-butt.

No comments: