Friday, February 10, 2012

Here's What's Up

I signed Shiloh up for preschool last week. She's not excited at all. If you ask Shiloh if she's going to school in a few months, her response every time is a very adamant, "NO." She would rather stay home with me. If you ask me, my response is a somewhat excited, "Yes!". Yes, I'm the bad mom who is actually kind of excited about my daughter going to school. Now, don't get me wrong. I will be crying the morning of August 27th. Heck, I teared up just telling Richard about registration. I'm sad that my child is old enough for preschool, but, man, those mornings to myself will be great.

In other news (I don't think I shared this on the blog), my sister is pregnant again. Andrea will be having another boy in early June. Andrea and Daniel were happy with the news. Everyone else wanted another girl. They said they couldn't handle another Camryn. I see where they're coming from. If we ever did adopt again, I'd be tempted to wait for a boy.

In adoption related news, we had our yearly visit with Will's family a couple of weeks ago. He turned two on the 26th. He's a cutie. Will and Shiloh have the same eyes, nose and smile. He also has chubby cheeks like Shiloh used to have. He has Kim's dark hair, dark eyes, and his skin tone matches hers perfectly.

In other adoption related news, some of you may remember that Kim is pregnant again. She found out in December that she's having another little girl. We found out in December that she's considering placing again. She still doesn't know what she's going to do. I'm trying to be patient because I know it's a huge decision, but I wish she would give us some indication as to which way she's leaning. Richard is smart. If you ask him, she's keeping the baby. He has himself convinced that her plan is to parent. This way, he has nothing to think about. I, on the other hand, can't do that. I know for a fact (as does he), that she truly does not know what she is going to do yet. My brain won't let my think otherwise. I wish it would. It would make all of this a lot easier.

No comments: