Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Since I Can't Seem To Find Anything To Blog About Anymore...

1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
The gas bill during winter.

2. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner?
For our anniversary we went to Ted's Montana Grill. It wasn't that romantic, but probaly a nicer setting than what you are imagining. Really good food, too!

3. If you’re married or in a committed relationship, how long has it been?
7 years married/8 years together

4. How many people do you cook for? Or does someone cook for you? Or are you the Carry-Out Queen? Do you sit down for dinner?
The three of us. We generally eat out for dinner once a week and do Claude's on Saturday morning. I tend to do the majority of the cooking. If Richard isn't stuck late at work we usually sit at the table.

5. What do you really want to be doing right now?
Not sure, but I can tell you what I don't want to be doing. Laying around with horrible cramps. Sorry if that was an overshare.

6. How many colleges did you attend?
3. BCCC for a year, Clarion for 2 years, and Athens Tech for a semester.

7. Got any advanced degrees?
I don't even have a nonadvanced degree. Sometimes I think once Shiloh is in school I might go back for an associates degree in Nursing. We'll see.

8. How long have you been in your current job?
2 1/2 years

9. Do you have a “career,” or are you just paying the rent while you do more interesting things in your off time?
No?

10. IRA, 401(k), private pension, government pension, private savings, or cross your fingers?
Savings and some stocks... We had been talking about doing a Roth IRA, but various things lately have made me question putting our money anywhere.

11. Children? Grandchildren? Nieces & nephews?
One Shiloh. On my side, I have two nephews and hopefully a niece in October. On Richard's side, there's 4 nephews and 2 nieces.

13. Name one big mistake you’ve made in the past ten years.
Hmm... my biggest mistake was probably not taking college seriously enough in the beginning. I goofed off at BCCC because I didn't want to be there. I might have a degree now had I not done that, but who knows.

14. You will live to be 95. On your deathbed, you will experience a moment of perfect clarity, complete with total recall of your entire life. The current you can ask the 95-year-old you one question. What will it be? Be careful; what you do with your answer has the potential to change the future. And yeah, you can ask who’s going to win the Derby in 2023 if you want to, although personally I think that shows a lack of imagination and ambition.
hmmm. I think I would be curious to know if we ever adopt again. Other than that I really don't think I want to know anything.

15. What are your thoughts on gas prices?
They are too high.

16. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
I slept through Richard's alarm this morning. I woke up because I heard him getting around in the bathroom. And my first thought was something about how loud he was being and that he had better not wake Shiloh up.

17. Last thought before going to sleep last night?
I don't really have thoughts before I go to bed. I have to have to tv when I go to sleep, so I'm sure it was something related to Red Eye.... My favorite show to fall asleep to.

18. Do you miss being a child?
Definitely sometimes. Or at least I miss what my childhood was.

19. What errand/chore do you despise?
Folding laundry

20. Get up early or sleep in?
8:30 is good. It's not sleeping in and it's not getting up early

21. Have you found real love yet?
Yes

22. Favorite lunch meat?
ham

23. Vacation: who goes with you, or do you fly solo?
This year we are doing a mini vacation with Shiloh (we are leaving first thing Thursday morning)
and a cruise in August for Richard and myself.

24. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
Not at all

25. Of all the people you’ve ever met, which one would you most like to face over the dinner table for the rest of your life?
Richard... That's what I'm supposed to answer, right? ;)

26. How old is your current car? How old was the last one when you got rid of it?
My current car is a 2000. The car before that was an 03. Doesn't make sense, huh? We sold the '03 car and paid cash for the "new" car = no car payment.

27. Ever use a fire extinguisher for its intended purpose?
Nope

28. Somewhere in the world you’ve never been and would like to go?
Greece, Italy, Spain, New Zealand

29. At this point in your life would you rather start a new career or a new relationship?
Career

30. How old do you admit to being?
28

43. Do you have a go to person?
Richard, my mom, my sisters.... Depends on what's going on.

44. Are you where you want to be in life?
I have everything I need, so yes.

45. What about you do you think has changed the most?
I don't know... I hate that question.

46. Looking back at high school were they the best years of your life?
College was 100% the best years.

47. Are there times you still feel like a kid?
Yes. Some days I can't believe I'm 28 and a mom.

48. Did you ever own troll dolls?
Yes, and I had totally forgotten about them until this second!

49. How old were you when you first read Flowers in the Attic?
Should I have read that book? Just ready the summary of it... Kinda glad I never did read it.

50. Where were you when Kennedy died?
not alive yet.

51. Where were you when the Challenger exploded?
I'm sure I was somewhere, but I don't know where exactly. Maybe preschool.

52. Do you remember seeing any of the moon shots on television?
no... I wonder how old the person who made this was??

53. (For Americans) What’s the first presidential election you remember?
2000- Bush/Gore

54. (For Americans) What did you do that was special for the Bicentennial?
nothing

55. Did you have a pager?
no

56. Where was the hang out spot when you were a teenager?
I guess the mall... I wasn't much of a hanger outer

57. Were you the type of kid you would want your children to hang out with?
Definitely

No comments: