Friday, August 28, 2009

One Of Those Days

As most of you know (I think) my bestfriend here in Georgia is pregnant. Her due date is actually less than a week away from Kim's. Pretty cool, right? For the most part. This is my first time experiencing the pregnancy of someone close to me...by close I mean in distance. It's not easy. After getting through my sister's pregnancy with ease I believed I could get through anything. Apparently, that's not the case. Today Brittany had her ultrasound. She found out she's having a girl. That's what she wanted and I'm happy for her, but I've ignored the two phone calls I've received from her today. For some reason it's just too much right now. I feel terrible for feeling this way and I don't want to rain on her parade right now, but I don't want to fake happiness for her right now either. To be blunt, it all sucks. I want to be happy for Brittany, I really do and I'm sure that tomorrow I'll be over all of this and eager to celebrate this news with her. But, for now, I just need to get through today.

No comments: