Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Storytime!

I have a couple of cute/funny stories I've been meaning to share for the past couple of weeks but things have been so hectic in our house lately I have't had a chance. So here they are....

"We Will Be Missed"

A few weeks ago while cleaning the kitchen after lunch I heard a knock on the front door. Upon opening the door I was greeted by an older lady from our neighborhood....you should know that I'd never met her nor did I know she was a neighbor prior to this meeting. After talking to this woman for a minute or two it became apparent that she was wanting some info about our house. I informed her that as of the other day it is under contract. She also wanted to know about the wood floors mentioned in the flyer we had passed out throughout the neighborhood. I answered her questions and thought the conversation was over but then she turned the topic over to Shiloh. The woman saw Shiloh standing behind me and commented on how big she was getting (as if she knew Shiloh) and asked how old she is. I told her Shiloh's age and then the lady made a comment about remembering seeing me when I was carrying her. I never walked Shiloh around the neighborhood as a newborn/infant so I have to assume she means carrying her as in when I was pregnant with her...it is important here to remember that Shiloh was adopted. Anyway, the woman then went on to mention MULTIPLE times how much she is going to miss us, how sad it is that we are leaving the neighborhood, how said it is that we are leaving this corner lot, etc. I thanked her, not knowing what to say, and then the woman left.
As I thought about our encounter with this womanI chuckled to myself, laughing it off. However, when I called Rich to relay the story to him I found that it actually kind of brightened my day! Even if this lady truly has no idea who we are it's nice to know that in some way we will be missed!



"Yo Gabba Gabba"

As I mentioned in my previous post, Shiloh has become addicted to the Nickelodeon/Noggin show "Yo Gabba Gabba". If you haven't seen it, I guess you should watch it...if you have kids, of course. It's such an odd program but it seems to have reached out to Shiloh in some way, shape or form.

On to the story.....a few weeks ago I walked into our bedroom leaving Shiloh in the family room by herself. I don't recall what I was doing but it was something that would have had me apart from her for just a minute. Anyway, after about 30 seconds Shiloh came walking over to the bedroom door, looked at me and pointed out towards the family room saying, "Gab Gabba Gab Gabba". I walked out to the family room with her trying to figure out what she wanted, when it hit me. Gab Gabba/Yo Gabba Gabba. I turned on one of the MANY "Yo Gabba Gabba" expisodes we have dvred and as soon the show came on she looked at me with this huge smile and shook her head yes. It was such a neat moment communicating with her like that!

No comments: